- Why Get a Mommy Makeover?
- What Procedures are Part of a Mommy Makeover?
- How Should I Prepare for My Mommy Makeover?
- How Long Will I Be in Recovery and What Should I Expect?
- Can I Get Pregnant Again After a Mommy Makeover?
Why Get a Mommy Makeover?
After pregnancy, many women find that their bodies lack the pre-baby luster they used to have—their breasts shrink and sag, buttocks changes shape, and it becomes harder to lose stubborn belly fat. Because of this, some find it difficult to maintain a positive self-image after having children. However, the surgeries included in a mommy makeover, which is a combination of some of the most common plastic surgery operations, can reverse time and make a full-body improvement to your shape and muscle tone. A mommy makeover surgeon can help you get your pre-pregnancy body and confidence back.
What Procedures are Part of a Mommy Makeover?
What Procedures are Part of a Mommy Makeover?
The three most common mommy makeover procedures include a combination of these surgeries:
- Breast Lift – After breastfeeding, the breasts can lose elasticity and tone and begin to sag, changing your body contour. A breast lift, also known as a mastopexy, tightens the skin in the upper portion of the breast and can also involve moving the nipple. Our office uses state-of-the-art technology to perform breast lift operations.
- Breast Augmentation – Breastfeeding can cause a decrease in the size of your breasts. An excellent way to remedy this is through breast augmentation surgery. We can discuss the process with you, as well as help you choose your ideal breast size during your consultation.
- Tummy Tuck – When the stomach expands during pregnancy, skin can get stretched out and remain saggy post-pregnancy. During a tummy tuck procedure, your surgeon will make an incision below the navel, remove excess skin, and pull the skin tight over the abdomen. A tummy tuck also involves a tightening of abdominal muscles to give your stomach a toned look.
Other procedures available also include:
Liposuction – Liposuction is the removal of fat from various parts of the body. This can help with the final 15 or 20 pounds that may be hard to lose after having a baby.
Buttock Augmentation – Your glute muscles can lose tone post-pregnancy and affect the contour and proportions of your body shape. A buttock augmentation procedure can remedy this by giving a substantial boost to your rear end.
How Should I Prepare?
Set up a consultation with a reputable plastic surgeon. During your consultation, you can share your body goals and expectations for your mommy makeover surgeries. They will be able to consult with you on which procedures would work best for your particular body type, as well as help you assess any risk factors that might be relevant to you given your medical history. They will also let you know what to expect from surgery.
If you are taking aspirin or any anti-inflammatory drugs, you should stop at least seven days before your surgery. Anti-inflammatory drugs can cause excessive bleeding during the procedure.
It is also crucial that you stop smoking before your surgery. The chemicals in tobacco smoke can reduce blood flow to the site of your surgery, which lengthens the recovery process, leaves visible bruises and scars, and can increase the chances of getting an infection.
How Long Will I Be in Recovery and What Should I Expect?
Different types of surgeries result in varying recovery times. A breast lift might take two weeks to heal, however, a tummy tuck may take as many as four. It is generally recommended that you don’t exercise for at least six weeks after surgery. This gives your body plenty of time to completely recover by avoiding wear and tear at your incision sites.
After your surgery, you might need to wear a compression garment to provide extra support for your breasts and stomach during the recovery process. You might also have a temporary device inserted to help drain fluids from your body. Your surgeon will also prescribe specific medications to encourage healing.
Keep in mind that the benefits of your surgery won’t be completely apparent until several months after surgery. In the meantime, there might be some swelling, bruising, itchiness, and dark scars, however, these symptoms will fade in the coming months.
Can I Get Pregnant Again?
Yes, you can get pregnant again after a tummy tuck without posing a risk to you or your baby. The skin and muscles around your abdomen will be able to stretch and move as the baby grows. However, there are reasons why you might want to wait until you are done having children before getting any mommy makeover procedures.
Are you are ready to get your body back after having a baby? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Sadeghi today at his New Orleans office and get the information and guidance you need concerning the procedures involved in a mommy makeover.